- Make sure all candles (to include glass or tin container candles) are placed on a heat safe surface.
- Never leave candles unattended
- Trim candle wicks to a height of 5-7 mm (1/4 inch) before lighting the candle.
- Burn within sight, away from flammable objects, children and pets.
- Never drop objects, like matches, into candles. Keep wax pool free of debris.
- Keep burning candles away from materials that can catch fire (like curtains, decorations and clothing).
- Do not leave candles burning with no one in the room.
- Stop candle when 1/2 inch remains. Do not touch while hot.
- Extinguish all candles before you go to sleep.
- Teach your children to be careful around open flames. Make sure they understand that candles are not toys, or something they can eat or drink.